Gymboree Play & Music is the global leader for developmental play, music and art classes for parents and children ages newborn to five. Based on a blend of early childhood development theories complemented by more than 40 years of hands-on experience, Gymboree Play & Music classes are available through more than 700 franchised and company-operated centers in the United States and over 40 other countries.
- Originally established in 1976 by founder Joan Barnes, a California mom, looking to expand the play and learning opportunities available to her children.
- More than 730 franchised and company-operated centers, internationally.
- Operates in 40 countries including the US, Canada, China, Australia, France, Pakistan, among others.
- Offers an array of classes developed by early childhood experts to enhance the whole child development of children ages newborn to 5 years old.
- Classes are designed in 6-month increments to meet a child’s unique interests and abilities, and to constantly challenge the child to learn and grow.
- Gymboree Play & Music is currently a standalone company under the GymboGlobal Corporation.
- No longer owned or part of The Gymboree Corporation, which specializes in children’s retail.